15 November 2008

cymbalta can't help

For those who knew that I was having extreme pain throughout my body (and those who didn't know until just now), I thought I'd give an update on how I'm feeling. For a week I was feeling better. During that week, the pain was gone. But I also was no longer on Cymbalta. You know those commercials where they say, "Depression hurts. But you don't have to. Cymbalta can help."? They lie. It made me hurt. So, no more Cymbalta for me. And actually, I have to say that I'm relieved. That means that I don't have fibro myalgia, like what I was afraid of. So, I feel blessed in that respect.

3 comments:

pamily said...

oh man, I wish I'd known you were on Cymbalta. Someone else who was on Cymbalta told me that very thing. He said it was horrible. I hope things are getting better!

Jessica said...

Whew, I'm glad you don't have fibro myalgia, that would be aweful! I'm also glad that you found some way to get rid of the pain. It's always a good thing when stopping a medication makes you feel BETTER, right?

Pb said...

Sleep Apnea or other sleeping disorder? Sleep deprivation can be responsible for a number of symptoms. The ability to sleep for 12 hours is irrelevent as it's not the amount but quality of sleep that matters. There is a genetic component.