03 March 2009
the impostor
I am the biggest faker. I like to pretend that I am more important than I am. I like to pretend like everyone likes me. I like to pretend to agree with everyone, except when I'm feeling disagreeable, when I like to pretend like I don't agree with anyone. I like to pretend like I really care about things. I like to pretend I am funny. I like to pretend I'm serious. I like to pretend I'm sick when I'm healthy and I'm healthy when I'm sick. I like to pretend I have a ton of friends, even though I really don't. I like to pretend I'm a lot smarter than I am. I like to pretend I'm weak. I like to pretend I'm quiet and meek. I like to pretend like I'm a loving and caring person, but I also like to pretend that I hate the world and everyone and everything in it. The truth: I don't know what the heck I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This seems to fit with something that I've learned... everything is perception, and yet to those who perceive it, it is truth... all to say we are what we pretend to be - to others looking in. So if I pretend to be kind to those around me, what else will others around me think? Also, if you pretend long enough, that 'pretended reality' becomes real reality. Take for example pretending to be asleep. It's a great game for parents to play with kids... where the kids pretend their asleep. Parents like it whether they're asleep or not, and soon the kids are fast asleep. Not everything is that quick, but there's even a scripture to back it up; Alma 32:27, "...even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe..." Thus, impostor may be a good word, but think of it more as chameleon, changing the outward appearance until this inside is completely changed.
Post a Comment