I have been pretty busy since I came home for Christmas. Of course, busy is relative. Not all of that time was well spent. When I first came home I rearranged my new bedroom. I am now in the basement bedroom. Talk about feeling like an outcast! :-) I had fun hanging up my own pictures and putting my signature on the drab walls. I want it to feel as much like home for me since I am off track right now and am home from school until April.
Even before the Meadow Park Branch had my records my branch president gave me a calling. I am the compassionate service leader. I feel inadequate to do the calling, but I guess that means that it's just right for me. I am looking forward to getting a chance to serve the other sisters in the Branch. I am also being considered for a job helping mentally retarded adults who live in group homes. I found out about it through one of my friends in the Branch. She is one of the managers. It would mean getting up early enough to be in Centerville at 7 a.m., and it wouldn't be many hours, but on the other hand I think I would feel much more fulfilled doing a job like that as opposed to retail. Although I have considered applying at Barnes and Noble. I'm afraid I would spend my whole paycheck on books. That would be like me.
So far I have enjoyed being home. Stephanie had several "girls' nights" while Mom and Dad were in St. George for the New Year. Stephanie played a Lego Star Wars wii game while I played Sims 3, and we watched all six episodes of Star Wars. It was a far cry from our usual girls' nights of chick flicks, but it was still a lot of fun. I'd never watched the entire saga from beginning to end. It's a good story.
In between sleeping, eating, and watching Phineas & Ferb on the Disney Channel I've been playing cards and listening to music on my computer. I guess this means I need to get a job so I actually accomplish something during the day.
3 comments:
Getting a job is a great idea! So, I guess that means the 'break' is over ;-)
What happened to your upstairs bedroom? Why'd you get kicked out? :P
I was just watching things about Haiti. I was thinking that I don't have the type of job or any associated skills to go help. I'm beginning to wonder if I have chosen a really empty career.
Whatever you do I know you'll do well. I know that you can make a difference in many lives. I guess I need to start thinking about what maybe I could do to make a difference too.
Post a Comment