Yes, I know the title is the same title as that '90s Clare Danes show, but it really does describe my life, or lack of life, right now.
To say that I have been busy this semester may be an understatement. I spend all of my time either at work in the Scroll office or doing homework. My classes have kept me busier than I ever anticipated. Late nights and early mornings, one meal of a bread bowl and soup a day in the McKay while I continue my endless reading, devouring stick after stick of gum, typing until my fingers hurt (just for the record, you'd think typing quickly would warm your fingers, but it doesn't), and bundling and unbundling three or more layers to walk 100 feet in the cold. This is a fairly accurate depiction of my life. Same thing day after day. Like I have said, my life is boring.
I have great roommates this semester: Melanie, Lizz, Tiffany, Marissa, and Brianne. I am the cynical "old maid" amid the jumpy, boy-crazy, over-excited "younguns." I let them do their thing, and they let me do mine. We get along very well. Although I'm still adjusting to all the questions like, "Where are you going?" "Who are you going with?" "What are you doing?" Last semester's roommates didn't care. The whole idea of roommates actually wanting to know where I'm going and who I'm going with is all new. I haven't had that since living in Colonial 501.
Although I don't do much with friends, I have spent a little time with Ashley, one of the Colonial 501 girls. I have also exchanged several text messages from Katy, my roommate from last semester, and I've seen her around campus a time or two. Of course, as many of you probably know, I've probably done more with my...older friends. Yes, the rumor is true. I saw Enchanted with two teachers and a spouse all over the age of 50 on my first Monday back in Rexburg. And strangely enough, it didn't feel strange in the least until I started telling my family about it and actually listening to the way it sounded. I thought, "Okay, maybe this a little weird." But that's okay. They still make good friends.
Of course in the few free minutes I get here and there, I check my family's blogs. I'm not the best at commenting, but I do read them as often as they are updated. I still refuse to join Facebook. It took me long enough to get a blog up, and even then I'm not very good at keeping up with it. Thanks for those who keep checking.
2 comments:
Thanks for posting again. You're life is interesting to me. If you want to switch things up a little you can come take care of the kids and clean the house and cook meals everyday while I go to classes for you. But lets wait till spring so I don't freeze to death. Since you're already dead it doesn't matter how cold you get. Right?
Someday you will look back on your "So-called Life" and be amazed. It will seem so sereal, maybe like it never happened or that it happened to someone else. You'll ask yourself, "Self, (that's how Pa would say it) did I really do all that, or feel all that? What happened to those days?" You'll ponder on the things you learned, the talents you developed, the life lessons you experienced and sigh...or explain 'WHAT WAS I THINKING!!'
Post a Comment